Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ready to SlAb


It has been a while since I last posted here and actually nothing much has happened in our build for one and half months...The site had been scraped on 24th of February and the slab was to be poured on 10th. But when we went to the block on 10th evening nothing had happened. So I rang the CLE next day morning and she checked with the contractor and said that it has been postponed to 23 rd due to their back logs in slabs due to the bad weather...so another 3 days to go and I have big hopes that it will rapidly go ahead after the slab...as I can see the other two houses being built near ours are now upto the lock up stage and it has been only about a month since their slabs were poured...but...their builders are not carlisle............so not sure how it will be with Carlisle...anyway fingers crossed for our build...and I am dreaming to see a fully completed house on our block and my kid playing in the big park two doors next to our block...:)







4 comments:

  1. Hi Romani,
    I know the waiting is hard to take, but Carlisle build a much better house than most of the other builders. Carlisle wait for at least 3-5 days to start framing so the slab has time to set properly. Porter Davis often start the frame the next day. Its easier for the framers as the slab is still soft, but not the best for a quality construction.
    Stay patient, and take care. It'll be worth it in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not long to go my dear. I do agree with Reinsey, it is all worth the wait. BTW, which facade have you chosen for your house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Reinsey for your kind cooments and ya at the end what I need is a quality house...anyway tomorrow is the slab day...yIppeee...

    Thanks Flipflop and it is Aylsbury facade and is that what you have chosen too...? btw did you do any independent inspections for slab and frame..? I am planning to do only one for pre hand over..what do you think about it..?

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW Flipflop, I copied the photo of the display house at Keysborough from your blog:)

    ReplyDelete